5/24/2008

Hello Mudder, Hello Fadder...

Our big project this spring was preparing Donald for his first trip away from home. He's not a big overnight guy (he can actually get homesick in his own bed), so it was a rather huge deal.

Now I'm the editor of the 5th grade yearbook, and get to stitch together the memories of the entire class. Donald's cracks me up:

"During cabin time, everyone but me liked wrestling. That's the only thing they did besides cleaning their area. I preferred GaGa Ball. It was fun to watch them wrestle from Jason's top bunk bed. I admit that I once jumped on someone as they came in the door. My feet left the bunk bed and touched down on Jason's leg as he screamed, "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" It happened in two seconds flat.

"It was fun to watch Brendan use Freddie as a battering ram and Nick smashing Anthony against the doorway. That's one of the reasons that I slept in the infirmary on the first and second night. Everyone was way too hyper, and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, missed my parents. Anyway, I eventually felt better. On the fourth night, our cabin leaders disappeared, but I slept through that."

Do you think we've let him see too many Tom & Jerry cartoons?

No comments: